The following is a step-by-step list of our procedures, fees and other notes that may assist you in understanding the regulations involved.
1. Applications may be obtained at the Township Office Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm, or on our website www.lehmantownship.com. Checks are payable to Lehman Township
2. The Township requires a completed Building Permit application (signed and dated), copy of deed, copy of survey, copy of site plan, 3 sets of Building Plans, signed Trespass Waiver, Agent Authorization, Workers Compensation Insurance form and check payable to Lehman Township. ***REMINDER: 2018 IRC Requires: all braced wall lines shall be identified on the construction documents and all pertinent information including, but not limited to, bracing methods, location and length of braced wall panels, foundation requirements of braced wall panels at top and bottom shall be provided.
3. A Building Permit is NOT needed for One-story detached accessory structures, provided the floor area does not exceed 1000 square feet.
RESIDENTIAL BUILDING FEES
The fee will be determined by Building Inspection Underwriters (BIU) after review of your plans.
4. Once the Building Inspector has approved your application, you will be responsible for inspection requests. Some of the various inspections involved include: footers, foundation, concrete slab, rough plumbing, framing & masonry, special and final inspections.
***PLEASE NOTE that after the foundation is in, all work MUST cease and no foundation inspections will be made until a Certified Foundation Survey Plan has been submitted, reviewed and approved by the Building and Zoning Officers. Inspection requests may be made by calling BIU at 570-344-9681. Additionally, a request for FINAL INSPECTION MUST BE REQUESTED BY CALLING BIU AT 570-344-9681. To save time and re-inspection fee costs, make arrangements in advance so that the Building Inspector has access to the areas he will need to inspect. All temporary / permanent stairs must be installed.
5. In order to obtain a Certificate of Occupancy, and / or an Electrical Certificate, if applicable, request must be called into BIU at 570-344-9681. The Township also requires, prior to the issuance if the Certificate of Occupancy, an inspection certificate, provided by a qualified individual, for all buildings using a gas appliance and any energy connection, other than electric, to verify that the installation is safe and in accordance with the manufacturers or trade specifications.
6.Occupancy of any structure prior to the Certificate of Occupancy’s issuance is unlawful, and will not be permitted. Avoid problems. If your building has informed you of job completion, consult the Township Office to verify that your Certificate of Occupancy has been issued.
Adobe version of this file is available below, *please note you need Adobe Acrobat Reader or any PDF reader to open this file
Building Inspection Underwriters (BIU)
1010 Albright Ave.
Scranton, PA 18508